Saturday, January 21, 2017

Travel while reading

I find myself flying back from Iowa to California today. I'm currently at the Atlanta airport, surrounded by chaos and a ton of people waiting for their plane or running to catch their connecting flight. So, this post probably won't be too long XD

When I travel, I ALWAYS have at least 2 (usually 3) books in my backpack, along with my Kindle. I usually have long flights, like this next one I'm going to be on that goes from Atlanta to LAX. It's about a 5 hour flight. So, every time, I tell myself "Sam, that's a lot of time where you can't do anything else. You should use that time to read!" I get all excited, picking what books I want to carry with me. I always make sure to have a variety, in case I'm not feeling a certain genre.

After having everything ready to go, I get situated on the plane, put on my earbuds to tune out other people, and what happens? I get sleepy. I figure "I'll just sleep for a little bit and I'll read afterwards." That almost never happens. Once I'm groggy, there is no chance of me to get any reading done.

Anyone feeling me on this? Do you have a hard time reading on a plane or is it your best reading sprint time on the planet? What is your reading routine: hard copy vs. e-book, multiple options vs. one option, any kind of routine? Let me know in the comments below!


Image source: airplanes-work-1.jpg, http://science.howstuffworks.com/transport/flight/modern/airplanes.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment