Sunday, January 15, 2017

At the heart of every reader, there is a book sale

While visiting my folks at home in Iowa, my mom took me along to the library for her weekly stop at the book sale. After scanning through the books, I landed on this gold mine of the first eight Terry Goodkind books for $1.00 a piece! The wonderful thing about it is if I love them, I've got the set. If I find I don't love them, I'll just take them back for someone else to enjoy and I won't be out $200 (which is the original price of these 8 books combined).

The other books I found in this treasure trove were:

- Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris
- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens


What treasures have you found at a book sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment