Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Infamous Reading Slump

Hello again!

It has been a couple of months and I have yet to post that review of The Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson. Why have I been so quiet after reading so much at the beginning of this year? Well, I'll tell you. I fell into a book coma, which unfortunately put me into a reading slump.

The Words of Radiance blew my mind and I was so fully engrossed in the world and its characters that when I finished the book, I was mentally jarred back into the real world. I couldn't think about anything else for at least two weeks. I'll talk more about the book in a review, which I WILL get around to, but it may not be as detailed as I would like.

Anyway...

I went from thinking about the Stormlight Archives exclusively to not wanting to pick up anything else. Nothing seemed to catch my eye and the books that I did pick up and started to read just weren't as engaging as The Words of Radiance. It didn't help that school started up for me as well as working 36 hours a week, compared to the 25 hours I was doing during the beginning of the year.

But here I am, at the beginning of April and I have finally finished a book. I'm planning on reading quite a few more and even re-reading a couple to help me stay on the right track. So now we go onwards and upwards towards bigger (well, maybe not bigger) and better books!

No comments:

Post a Comment